Tuesday, September 23, 2014

News Anchorman With Just Six Months To Live Feels 'Peace': 'I Believe That I Am In God's Hands'

Illinois news anchorman Dave Benton had some heartwrenching news to share with viewers last week - that he has maybe four to six months to live.

The 51-year-old born again Christian told viewers he is suffering from a brain tumour that is too big for surgery or radiation, and that his best option is to slow its growth with antiobody treatment and chemo.

It's easy to imagine being broken by such circumstances, but the married father of two is leaning on God and hoping that the days he has left will be "the best ones possible". 

And remarkably, instead of throwing in the towel to start ticking off a bucket list of things to do before he dies, Benton is dedicated to continuing working as a news anchorman at WCIA-TV for as long as he can.  

"I'll be here bringing you the news as long as I am able," he said.  

"I'm grateful for the outpouring of support, prayers and cards. It's meant the world to me. It's changed my life."


He added: "I believe that I am in God's hands. I'm at peace and I know that he's going to take care of the days ahead." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RMD Refutes Claims Of Him Joining The Apc

The entire online community was agog with news that Nollywood actor turned-politician, Richard Mofe-Damijo (RMD) had joined the massive ...