Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Popular Nollywood and Kannywood Actor, Ali Nuhu Speaks On His Family And Acting Career


In a recent interview with City People Entertainment Awards, Kannywood actor and Glo Ambassador, Ali Nuhu speaks about his marriage and acting career.

You are one of the big shots in Nollywood and Kannywood, how did the journey start?

My name is Ali Nuhu, Im a Nollywood actor from Gombe State, but was raised in Kano State. I had a B.Sc in Geography from the University of Jos. Well, I started acting back at the University of Jos. I used to watch a lot of soap operas and this made me go for several auditions. Which got me a minor role; and the role I was given then brought me this far.

How long have you been acting?
That was many years ago and I have featured in many films that are just too numerous to remember. I have done both Hausa and English movies.

Talk about the Ali Nuhu in films and real life?
The real Ali Nuhu cares so much about his wife. Ali Nuhu is very romantic when it comes to his woman.

There are rumors that you are taking a second wife?
No I dont know where that is coming from. Though I am aware of the rumor but it doesnt hold any water. Islamically, my religion permits it but I dont see myself taking a second wife. What do I need that for? I am married to a woman who is my friend. I also have a successful marriage and cant jeopardize that. I love my wife so much.
                    
How long have you been married and what was the attraction?
I have being married for 11 years. When I was on location of a set in Kaduna, she came to check on somebody around the area where I was shooting a movie. When I saw her, I told my friends that was the woman I was going to marry. Everybody laughed over it seeing that I didnt even know her then. Everybody laughed, but now she is my wife.

Did she say Yes immediately?

No, she is very shy but she later agreed seeing that I was persistent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RMD Refutes Claims Of Him Joining The Apc

The entire online community was agog with news that Nollywood actor turned-politician, Richard Mofe-Damijo (RMD) had joined the massive ...